Laurus International School of Science
- Age: Preschool: 18 months-3 years old, Kindergarten: 3-6 years old; Primary School 6-10 years old
- Area: Aoyama, Takanawa, Shirokanedai, Den-en-chofu, Musashi-shinjo, Musashi-Kosugi, Shirokane-takanawa
Laurus International School of Science opened its first school in 2001 as “Bilinga” and has since grown consistently. The school currently has a total of seven campuses in the metropolitan area and is the first International School of Science in Japan.
Laurus International School of Science operates six preschool/kindergartens, three language schools, and one primary school.
They are Tokyo’s first STEM school and include programming and ICT classes that complement their core, Cambridge-accredited curriculum.
Creating future innovators to change the world for the better. The school focuses on:
- Increasing communication ability
- Development of scientific thinking
- Increasing children’s capability to accomplish a goal
- Number of Students: 850
- Number of Teachers and Staff: 160
- Average Student/Teacher ratio: 6:1
- Student Population: 55% male, 45% female
All of the schools offer spacious classrooms, and all grades and classes have excellent pupil-to-staff ratios. Students have access to laptops, tablets, Virtual and Augmented Reality devices, 3D printers, and 3D movie projectors. The Shirokanedai and Primary school locations are home to dedicated science labs. The Primary also has a music room, a large activity area complete with a climbing wall, and a well-stocked school library.
Laurus International School of Science’s educational programs are created by specialized teachers and a professional curriculum team in-line with the Cambridge curriculum, the global standard curriculum of elementary schools.
The school nurtures those who can play active roles globally with high educational standards.
- Science education is placed at the forefront of learning
- Japanese lessons are provided
- Provide full-day care and after-school classes
- Small class sizes promoting high educational standards
- Close communication with parents
- Exciting extra-curricular activities
- Follows the Japanese school calendar
- Various events throughout the year: Summer Camp, Field trip, Science Fair, Summer School, Performance Day, Sports day, etc.
- Subject-based teacher assignments
- The school also plans to open a Junior and High School in the future
Access & Map
Address: 6-13-14, Minami-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Address: Regaro Takanawa 1F, 3-21-7 Takanawa, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Address: 1-16-17 Tamagawa Denenchofu, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
Address: 3-4-17 Shirokanedai, Minato-ku, Tokyo
TEL: Preschool and Kindergarten: 03-5422-7375
Address: Primo ichibankan 1F, 4-24-18, Suenaga, Takatsu-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa-ken
Address: FBR Mita Bldg. 4-1-27 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Address: Park City Musashi-kosugi The Garden Towers WEST 2F W6, 2-228-1 Kosugi-cho, Nakahara-ku, Kawasaki-city, Kanagawa
- Website: www.laurus-school.com/en/
- Official Facebook: www.facebook.com/2016LISS/
- Official Twitter: https://twitter.com/2016LISS
- Official YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCTh237Sp-I4jzkX3mocTxpw
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/18185637/
For more information, contact Laurus here.